swgemu

Want to talk about games or products other than Minecraft?
wokka1
Server Owner

swgemu

Post by wokka1 » 30 Oct 2012, 19:48

For those Star Wars fans out there that played in the original Star Wars Galaxies MMO, the emulator project has come a long ways in progress. http://www.swgemu.com/forums/content.php

I've been following this project for a few years now and recently dug out my discs and reinstalled the game, using their beta server to play and they've done a great job of recreating the game. Its not complete yet, but it brings back a lot of memories.

For those of you who are looking for a free MMO with older graphics that should run on any computer that runs MC, give it a try. You'll have to acquire some installation media or trick their launcher into downloading it for you, but its worth a look.

SWG was the first modern MMO that I played for more than a month, and I sank over 2 years into this game, still hate Sony and LA for ruining a great MMO.

Anyway, if you want to give it a try, look for wokka on there.

Sti_Jo_Lew

Re: swgemu

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 30 Oct 2012, 20:02

Coolio, I know a lot of people were sad when Galaxies shut down. Good to know it's coming back in some form.
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE

wokka1
Server Owner

Post by wokka1 » 30 Oct 2012, 23:34

I havent' played it since they did the 2nd revamp, with every major change, they ruined the game more, so it became less fun to play. I don't think i've played it since 2006.

wokka1
Server Owner

Post by wokka1 » 19 Nov 2012, 13:05

During my vacation this last week, I did play this some more and while its still buggy, its quite enjoyable.

If you are looking for a free MMO to play, this is an addicting one.