empty server

All other off-topic discussions go in here.
donkypoink

empty server

Post by donkypoink » 08 Mar 2011, 07:27

this is strange, an empty server? I went walking with my dog and when i came back everybody was gone, its for more than 5 minutes now. First time seen it empty.

SneakyPie
Kind of a Big Deal

Re: empty server

Post by SneakyPie » 08 Mar 2011, 08:27

Now that you're all alone in the world you can finally do what you enjoy most.

Reading.

wokka1
Server Owner

Post by wokka1 » 08 Mar 2011, 10:19

donkypoink wrote:this is strange, an empty server? I went walking with my dog and when i came back everybody was gone, its for more than 5 minutes now. First time seen it empty.
FYI, the server restarts at 6am central time, just 26 mins before you posted this. It had probably just booted up after it's full backup.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 08 Mar 2011, 12:14

the server gets like this about 12Noon in the UK. ive been the only person online before as well... tis a lonely existance (but at least you can swear when noone can hear you! :lol: )
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick

wokka1
Server Owner

Post by wokka1 » 08 Mar 2011, 12:43

vallorn wrote:the server gets like this about 12Noon in the UK. ive been the only person online before as well... tis a lonely existance (but at least you can swear when noone can hear you! :lol: )
Vall, here is a small lesson in timezones. The server is in Central US time, which right now, is 6 hours behind GMT, and so, yes, at 12noon GMT, is when the server reboots :) I think after this weekend, we have DST kick in, and we'll be -5 GMT.

vallorn

Post by vallorn » 08 Mar 2011, 12:57

wokka1 wrote:
vallorn wrote:the server gets like this about 12Noon in the UK. ive been the only person online before as well... tis a lonely existance (but at least you can swear when noone can hear you! :lol: )
Vall, here is a small lesson in timezones. The server is in Central US time, which right now, is 6 hours behind GMT, and so, yes, at 12noon GMT, is when the server reboots :) I think after this weekend, we have DST kick in, and we'll be -5 GMT.
thanks Wokka... they always give me a headache...
Lord_Mountbatten wrote:I didn't quite hear you over the sound of my eyebrow shooting into the sky.
OI YOU!
YES YOU!
WE HAVE A STEAM COMMUNITY GROUP!
JOIN US AND ADD PEOPLE FOR FUN TIMES!

CUT: Baldrick