Writing

All other off-topic discussions go in here.
michaeld20

Writing

Post by michaeld20 » 15 Nov 2011, 22:14

This is a tidbit of a story I am writing, I would like some creative criticism, and hell I need some characters for later on in the story so feel free to make one and see if they make the cut! (War story, 2018-2021 is the timeframe)
Creative Char. Format
Economic Class(I.E Low class, middle class and high class)
Job:
Role in military:
Branch:(Air Force, Navy, British Army, Royal Navy, just keep it to British, French, and American forces)
Description:

Heroes
Chapter One: Lightning Squad Incoming
Spoiler! :
The year is 2018, and news of the south western portion of Russia has seceded from the mainland, the U.S Army officials worry about this due to the amount of factories and weapon producers in that general area. The Army coordinator Bill Welby, has created a special ops team to enter the country of Свобода-спасение(Freedoms Of Salvation.), this team was one of the best in the world, a British marksman named Freddie Mara and is the best in the business, and has A medal of honor for saving their injured captain, all while being injured himself. Their support-man/Automatic Rifleman is Danial Cox, Who is in his 7th(14 tours of duty) year in the squad, had obtained the Marine Commendation Medal from his most recent tour with 'Lightning Squad'. The squad leader, Jeff Herrera is easily the most decorated of the squad, having two of Medal's of Honor, a prisoner of war medal, and a Army Commendation Medal. The squads pilot, Michael Allen, has a Distinguished Flying Cross, he earned this when he was extracting Lightning Squad from Kharj, they were in flight when two enemy fighter jets coming up fast from the rear, Allen managed to keep the helicopter alive and take out the jets, therefore saving his, and his team's lives.
Chapter Two: The First Shots In Progress
Spoiler! :
"Hey Herrera? What do you think we should be doing when we get there?" Rifleman Danial Cox pondered.
Last edited by michaeld20 on 07 Dec 2011, 19:43, edited 3 times in total.
"Some people in this world, they think their invincible... well thats just not true... beacause if you make just ONE mistake it could all end in a matter of seconds and then really how invincible are you?"- Myself

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Re: Writing

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 15 Nov 2011, 22:17

This makes me jovial.

michaeld20

Post by michaeld20 » 15 Nov 2011, 22:19

Lord_Mountbatten wrote:This makes me jovial.
-___- I scrapped my other project, This is completely different...
"Some people in this world, they think their invincible... well thats just not true... beacause if you make just ONE mistake it could all end in a matter of seconds and then really how invincible are you?"- Myself

givemeabreak432
Retired

Post by givemeabreak432 » 15 Nov 2011, 22:52

michaeld20 wrote:Свобода
Use words people know how to say.

XxGhOsTxReCoNxX
Retired

Post by XxGhOsTxReCoNxX » 15 Nov 2011, 22:54

I'll post tomorrow. Night time. But shouldn't this go under forum games

michaeld20

Post by michaeld20 » 15 Nov 2011, 23:17

XxGhOsTxReCoNxX wrote:I'll post tomorrow. Night time. But shouldn't this go under forum games
Its not a game >_< Its me looking for ideas...

michaeld20

Post by michaeld20 » 15 Nov 2011, 23:21

givemeabreak432 wrote:
Errr, It means "Freedom" In russian, But okay...

Post by 697134002 » 15 Nov 2011, 23:22

givemeabreak432 wrote:
Svoboda
The O's are like in tot, not tote.
The sv is pronounced as Sw
Richard Dawkins wrote:I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.

Aenir_bEPU
Nyan Master

Post by Aenir_bEPU » 15 Nov 2011, 23:27

Name: Louis Mountbatten, 1st Earl Mountbatten of Burma
Economic Class: High
Job: CEO of CUT
Role in military: Supreme Commander
Branch: British Royal Navy
Description: Classified

Counter-edit: Lord, I had your age at 118 because his story takes place in 2018. I would never mistake your current age for anything but 111.