Martial Arts

All other off-topic discussions go in here.
ojamamask

Martial Arts

Post by ojamamask » 23 Jul 2011, 18:45

Discuss!

So I started doing martial arts when I was 6 (I think). First of all I started, just like any other kid, doing karate. I got to my yellow belt and then the school closed down, this was when I was young so my memory's vivid. Then not that long after I started to learn a kung fu style which I didn't know what it was called until recently, this was Choy Li Fut. I learned it for 4/5 years but then my si fu retired, and now I learn wing chun. I like doing Wing Chung because it helps me with my reaction timing and my problem solving. Someday, when I master Wing Chun, I hope to revisit and fully understand Choy Li Fut because it's something that has been bugging me. Also I want to learn Iron Shirt and Praying Mantis but I'm luck if I can find a si fu who teaches in England.

So any of you guys do any martial arts? It will be interesting to know.
Last edited by ojamamask on 27 Jul 2011, 10:36, edited 1 time in total.

Aenir_bEPU
Nyan Master

Re: Martial Arts

Post by Aenir_bEPU » 23 Jul 2011, 19:33

ojamamask wrote:So I started doing marital arts when I was 6 (I think).
6 years old is an awfully young age to start the marital arts...

michaeld20

Post by michaeld20 » 23 Jul 2011, 22:57

Aenir_bEPU wrote:
Obvious troll is obvious. :mrgreen:

On a side note, i have done... i dont remember the name, but it is using your enviorment to your advantage, ETC
"Some people in this world, they think their invincible... well thats just not true... beacause if you make just ONE mistake it could all end in a matter of seconds and then really how invincible are you?"- Myself

Milo_Windby
Retired

Post by Milo_Windby » 24 Jul 2011, 00:29

michaeld20 wrote:
Aenir_bEPU wrote:
Obvious troll is obvious. :mrgreen:

On a side note, i have done... i dont remember the name, but it is using your enviorment to your advantage, ETC
Stop calling people trolls when they are not trolling.
6 years old does sound a bit young, but I'm a bit on the fence with this one... since it can be a good way for being fit and having a bit of fun.
Ferengi Rules of Acquisition wrote:#40. If you see profit on a journey, take it
<3Milo's Catnip Fund<3

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 24 Jul 2011, 00:49

Milo_Windby wrote:Stop calling people trolls when they are not trolling.
6 years old does sound a bit young, but I'm a bit on the fence with this one... since it can be a good way for being fit and having a bit of fun.
Milo, the joke was in the typo - he wrote "marital" instead of "martial", so "marital arts" would mean something like getting married or marrying people (like a minister).

michaeld20

Post by michaeld20 » 24 Jul 2011, 04:15

aflycon wrote:
Milo_Windby wrote:Stop calling people trolls when they are not trolling.
Milo, the joke was in the typo - he wrote "marital" instead of "martial", so "marital arts" would mean something like getting married or marrying people (like a minister).
THANK YOU!
"Some people in this world, they think their invincible... well thats just not true... beacause if you make just ONE mistake it could all end in a matter of seconds and then really how invincible are you?"- Myself