Writer's Workshop Journals

All other off-topic discussions go in here.
Spyboticsguy

Writer's Workshop Journals

Post by Spyboticsguy » 12 Sep 2011, 18:58

See, I take this class in my high school called "Writer's Workshop."
As you can probably tell, I write a lot in this class.
So I was maybe thinking of posting the journals into a code spoiler box for you lovely gents/ladies to ponder over. I might also post an essay once or twice. Of course, this would be in both a post (shameless post increase, my friend.) and the OP. I want some feedback from you guys first, though.
Firstly: Would you be OK with this?
Secondly: Would you read it actively if it interested you?

Please get back to me on this. I'm only gonna do this and put the effort into transcribing my journals if you wonderful folks here at EC show interest.
Anywho, I await your response eagerly.

EDIT: Feel free to give criticism, but bear in mind I don't pick the topics when doing so.
FIRST STORY BELOW.

Signing off,
Spyboticsguy.

First Journal:
Topic: Your arm is missing. Now what? -note: This was my first day, I was simply mucking around with this whole "journal" thing-
Spoiler! :
Well, this is quite strange. My arm appears to have gone missing. While I'm not entirely sure how this happened, it's imperative I find ways to cope with it. Writing and other simple tasks have become more and more difficult without it.

I can no longer use my left hand to hold down paper. I must simply write with my right hand as the paper slides all over the place. I hope I will be able to maintain my work output, hindered as I am. My non-dominant hand was more important to me than I though while I had it. While my right hand is the one trained for more complex tasks, it is trained to work with my now missing hand. Who knew it was that important?

Simple tasks have become complex due to this event. I can't move anything that requires both arms, as one is missing. It also affects my ability to carry larger items. I cannot carry them, nor the larger loads of even the smaller items. I need help from others in order to do this now.

//Hi, this is a post-writing comment. It lets me comment on some of the ideas that went through my head in the writing. Anyways, it was at this exact point in the write I began mulling with the idea of linking all of the journals with some sort of underlying story that flitted back and forth, depending on the topic.

To anyone wondering how I lost my arm (//Everyone, I know.), I'm not really sure. I woke up one day, and it was just gone. Sometimes I wonder if it's just a dream. Come to think of it, that explains a lot of things. If only I could just wake up...
And there we go. About that story idea, as it progresses, feel free to tell me what you think, and to even invent the order in which the journals take place. I will note the ones not meant to be a part of it. It'll be a sort of game; you guess the order, and at the end of the semester, I will tell you what MY imagined order is. Sound fun? OK. Speculate away!
Last edited by Spyboticsguy on 13 Sep 2011, 16:02, edited 1 time in total.

Sti_Jo_Lew

Re: Writer's Workshop Journals

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 12 Sep 2011, 22:33

I would read it, if the topic interests me.
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE

Aenir_bEPU
Nyan Master

Post by Aenir_bEPU » 12 Sep 2011, 22:36

Yeah it really depends on the topic, some I may read, some I definitely won't, all depends on whether it seems interesting.

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 13 Sep 2011, 02:51

So would it just be essays and journals?
If it's non-fiction, I'll probably read it, unless the topic really doesn't interest me at all.
If it's fiction, I'll read it all! :D
Oh hey, I have a signature now! 26/07/11

haxxorzd00d wrote:Keep talking, Skunk. Everybody likes you and you're stunningly handsome.

Spyboticsguy

Post by Spyboticsguy » 13 Sep 2011, 05:36

Yeah, it's mostly fiction, there are a couple opinion papers I won't post. In fact, let me get the first one up as a sort of example. It'll be up in a couple minutes, I would expect.

EDIT: Of course all of my work is in the car, and I don't feel like going out a 6:30 AM to get it. Sorry. It'll be up around 3 or 4 server time.

Spyboticsguy

Post by Spyboticsguy » 13 Sep 2011, 16:02

First story up. Go read it.

Aenir_bEPU
Nyan Master

Post by Aenir_bEPU » 13 Sep 2011, 17:42

I enjoyed the humorous tone.

Fuzz422365117

Post by Fuzz422365117 » 13 Sep 2011, 22:01

Spyboticsguy wrote:Firstly: Would you be OK with this?
Secondly: Would you read it actively if it interested you?
Yes and yes. :)

Skunk_Giant
Retired

Post by Skunk_Giant » 14 Sep 2011, 01:38

Your arm was stolen by underpants arm gnomes.
Oh hey, I have a signature now! 26/07/11

haxxorzd00d wrote:Keep talking, Skunk. Everybody likes you and you're stunningly handsome.

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 14 Sep 2011, 02:18

No, it was definetely Captain Underpants.
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE