MrWhales goes to Daycon 2011

All other off-topic discussions go in here.
MrWhales

MrWhales goes to Daycon 2011

Post by MrWhales » 25 Sep 2011, 19:04

Hello, on a whim, I decided to go to an anime convention. Lucky for me, this one was in my hometown, an affair with maybe 200 or so people. I forget the exact numbers. It's name is Daycon and this was it's second year.

http://dayconclarksville.com/

And here is an album of cosplay. I forget what people said they were dressed as, but don't think about the rabbit-girl too much, she is underage(I remembered that!)

http://imgur.com/a/76Wcy#wvTrA

I was taught how to play magic and was given 6 30-card event packs. 2 Blues and 1 of the other 4 colors. And I played many games with the blue haired cross-dresser in the album, he was high as hell (So hilarious game)

Also I bought a box from the guy with all the boxes, Star Boxes I think they were called, apparently they go to a looot of conventions in the US. So if you see that guy, buy a box. In my box was a pink plastic "skelanimal", which is apparently very liked. A Bakugan Deluxe Battle Gear-thing (My cousins play with those, so I know what I am doing with it) and a Dragonball Z sticker set. Not the biggest blow of $15.

Panels:

There were panels all day, as you hopefully can still find on the website. I went to the Anime and Roleplaying panel, which I got free dies from at the end :D (A pink d20 and a red d12)

Also, the Cosplay for All, which was how to cosplay and not look like a weirdo to the weirdos. (This panel actually convinced me to try cosplaying next convention I go to)

I wandered into the Macross F panel, having noooo idea what Macross was. Mechs fight aliens with music. And was taught that pirating is acceptable(which I already do)

From the SSBB tournament, I can still standby the fact that Kirby is the best if you know how to play at all.

And the props outside the box tournament I duct out of to go to a rave in the event room and then play magic.

Also, as someone in the chat for that oovoo session mentioned, I did find body-pillows, and watchedas a girl smaller than the pillow carried it around all day. I'd have pictures, but felt like a creep every time I thought about
it.

Any questions?

Godavari
Retired

Re: MrWhales goes to Daycon 2011

Post by Godavari » 25 Sep 2011, 19:14

Magic and high blue-haired girls. Seems legit.

MrWhales

Post by MrWhales » 25 Sep 2011, 19:21

Godavari wrote:Magic and high blue-haired girls. Seems legit.
That is a guy.

Godavari
Retired

Post by Godavari » 25 Sep 2011, 19:58

MrWhales wrote:
Godavari wrote:Magic and high blue-haired girls. Seems legit.
That is a guy.
A sexy guy.

andy25100
Retired

Post by andy25100 » 26 Sep 2011, 10:29

That darth vader art is amazing, me wants.
"They'll tear you apart, bone by bone... ...and build with you a human throne. Their buck- toothed king will sit upon What once was you, but now is gone. This key unlocks the gates of Hell. Steady traveler, use it well." - Grim Fandango - Poem of the Flaming Demon Beavers

Sti_Jo_Lew

Post by Sti_Jo_Lew » 26 Sep 2011, 17:51

My fav is the guy dressed as a TF2 soldier. WIN.
SMWasder: BEGONE FOUL BEATS, FOR I AM THE DJ OF THE APOCALYPSE