Helping newbies

All other off-topic discussions go in here.
Dominikvl9965

Helping newbies

Post by Dominikvl9965 » 03 Dec 2011, 15:53

If some new guy needs help and I am online don't be afraid to ask something I will help as much people as possible that's the main reason I am on this server a lot because I like to help people please if someone needs help ask.
Other guys can ask things too also I am gonna begin to tour people that would like a tour at Harbortown. If you read this thanks for reading this.
Your true friend and helper Dominik
It's about who your are now, that's what counts mate.
-Modocam

Lord_Mountbatten
The Future

Re: Helping newbies

Post by Lord_Mountbatten » 03 Dec 2011, 16:05

Dominik, you've already posted twice that you want to be a Mentor, so it's rather easy to tell what this thread's purpose is. Some may consider me a genius for my complete command of all the faculties that encompass deductive reasoning. I may be the modern day Sherlock Holmes it is true, but I am also modest, and we shall leave the discussion on my brilliance for another day.

Whilst enthusiasm to help is always welcome here, it is not appreciated when a player displays such overt ambition. Not only does it give us the opinion, no matter your intentions, that you are too ambitious, it also gives us the opinion that you do not really care about the helping side to things, and only want the position for the sake of some sense of misguided prestige.

What I am trying to say is, stop saying you want to be a Mentor. We will not promote such obvious desire.

Dominikvl9965

Post by Dominikvl9965 » 03 Dec 2011, 16:35

Sorry it's just I would love to be a mentor but it doesn't matter because I know that I will never be a mentor.
-Modocam

Dominikvl9965

Post by Dominikvl9965 » 03 Dec 2011, 16:36

Sorry it's just I would love to be a mentor but it doesn't matter because I know that I will never be a mentor.
-Modocam

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 03 Dec 2011, 16:44

Dominik, It's not a matter of "I will never be a mentor, sorry"

It's a matter of actually showing you care instead of simply advertising it. You still have a chance, but it's the same chance everybody else has equally. So don't let this disencourage you from actually helping our community, that's always appreciated and NEVER goes unnoticed.
You cannot say it doesn't exist if you haven't seen it. ~Zinrius

Dominikvl9965

Post by Dominikvl9965 » 03 Dec 2011, 16:51

Thanks for encouraging me I still have hope I will try to do my best to help.
-Modocam

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 03 Dec 2011, 16:54

Dominikvl2001 wrote:Thanks for encouraging me I still have hope I will try to do my best to help.
Of course!

Just do us all a favor, don't help because you want to be a mentor; let it come from your heart.

Jake55778
Site Contributor

Post by Jake55778 » 03 Dec 2011, 17:00

While a appreciate the mentors and respect the job they do, it strikes me as an odd position to want to aspire to. The pjob doesn't offer much in the way of perks as I recall, and if you just want to help people there's nothing stopping you from doing it without the title.
The staff here are all trolls

Reaverblade

Post by Reaverblade » 03 Dec 2011, 20:51

Besides, even I want to be a moderator, but I don't run around yelling it to everyone.
I just help anyone who seems to be having trouble that I can.
It actually doesn't matter whether they're a newbie or a vet or anything else, I'll try to help if I can.

If you can do something similar out of your heart, then you just might become a mentor.
But you should really just do it because you feel helpful.
Did you forget to backup Your Minecraft jar? Luckily for you, I'm a nice person.
Go here

Zinrius
Retired

Post by Zinrius » 03 Dec 2011, 21:17

Due to the actual nature of this topic I'll be taking the liberty of locking it.

We don't need to be discussing the staff prerequisites anyways. :)