What are some quotes that you use?

All other off-topic discussions go in here.
michaeld20

What are some quotes that you use?

Post by michaeld20 » 10 Aug 2012, 13:36

What are some quotes you use from a video game, Television program, or movie?

"I didn't think that far ahead..."-Nate Drake, Uncharted 1-3
"Some people in this world, they think their invincible... well thats just not true... beacause if you make just ONE mistake it could all end in a matter of seconds and then really how invincible are you?"- Myself

Cpt_Harlock
Site Contributor

Re: What are some quotes that you use?

Post by Cpt_Harlock » 10 Aug 2012, 17:11

"So he said 'Do you love me?' and she says 'No, but that's a real nice ski mask!'"

Always gets everyone laughing at get togethers.

Then I usually proceed to point at someone's shirt and say "Hey, what's that?" then once they look down I hit them in the nose with my finger.

I follow this by grabbing a nearby lighter and tell everyone to be quiet, "sssh"... I sit down, lift my legs above my head, light the lighter, and then fart into the fire creating a massive jutting flame.

As if this already isn't enough and the room isn't already filled with erupting laughter, I dig my hands into the closest bowl of nuts and throw them in my face creating an explosion of assorted nuts while chomping my jaw up and down with a cartoony audible sound.

Needless to say, I'm the life of the party.

aflycon
Retired

Post by aflycon » 10 Aug 2012, 18:46

Both of mine are from the Shawshank Redemption. It's my favorite movie, and I've got about half of the monologue memorized since I've seen it so many times. Both of them are written from memory, but I'm almost sure they're correct down to the letter. Anyway, I put them in spoilers because, if you haven't seen the movie, they may probably will spoil parts of it for you.

If that's the case, go watch it. I honestly think that it's the best movie of all time, but you really have to see it a few times to appreciate it.

Moving on. I like these quotes because I'm able to relate to them so well. Both of them remind me of my brother, between Andy and whom I can draw an extensive list of parallels. The latter is less easily related, but the sentiment is still the same.

I'm warning you now, if you read these before watching the movie, it will not be as enjoyable. I recommend that you see it first if you haven't.
Spoiler! :
"It always makes me laugh: Andy Dufresne, who crawled through a river of shit and came out clean on the other side; Andy Dufresne, headed for the Pacific. Those of us who knew him best talk about him often. I swear, the stuff he pulled ... sometimes it makes me sad, though, Andy being gone. I have to remind myself that some birds aren't meant to be caged, their feathers are just too bright. And when they fly away, the part of your heart that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoice, but still the place you live in is that much more drab and empty that they're gone."

"Dear fellas,
I can't believe how fast things move on the outside. I saw an automobile once when I was a kid, but now, they're everywhere. It's like the world went and got itself in a big damned hurry. The parole board got me set up in a half-way house called The Brewer, with a job bagging groceries at the food-way. It's hard work and I try to keep up, but my hands hurt most of the time; I don't think the store manager likes me very much.

"Sometimes, after work, I go to the park and feed the birds. I keep on thinking that Jake might just come by and say hello, but he never does. I hope that wherever he is now, he's doing okay and making new friends. I have trouble sleeping at night; I have bad dreams, like I'm falling. I wake up scared, and sometimes it takes me a while to remember where I am. Maybe I should buy me a gun and rob the food-way, so maybe they'll send me back home. I could shoot the manager while I was at it, sort of like a bonus. I guess I'm too old for that sort of nonsense anymore. I don't like it here, I'm tired of being afraid all the time ... I've decided not to stay.

"I doubt they'll kick up any fuss, not for an old crook like me.
P.S. Tell Heywood I'm sorry I put a knife to his throat.
No hard feelings,
Brooks."

sag185
Retired

Post by sag185 » 12 Aug 2012, 03:59

Whenever a your mom joke pops up, "I took her to a nice seafood dinner, and I will never call her back!"

Wildwill002

Post by Wildwill002 » 12 Aug 2012, 08:03

"Tatty bye" - Reaver from Fable 3
"Smeghead" - Generally from Dave Lister on Red Dwarf
There are others but I can't remember them :/
Spoiler! :

Code: Select all

,             ,
           / '.         .' \
          /    '.     .'    \
           '-._  '. .'  _.-'