Aviation Thread

All other off-topic discussions go in here.
RobipodSupreme
Retired

Re: Aviation Thread

Post by RobipodSupreme » 01 Apr 2013, 15:17

Wokka world tour <-- must be done. I can just imagine the crowds around airstrips as you skilfully land your brightly painted, CUT branded aeroplane, stepping down a retractable stairway, and up to a podium, as hordes of press try to take your picture and interview you. Maybe.
I'm like 80% gayer than when I was on here last
I was a mod once
my discord is Ryin ❄#4444 if you wanna hmu fams
Miss you :(

wokka1
Server Owner

Post by wokka1 » 08 Apr 2013, 01:06

This is slightly aviation related, but while at a caving convention this weekend, during one of our fundraising auctions for a non-profit group we support, I won a flight on an ultra-light. Not sure when it will happen, gotta schedule it, but I've never flown one, so its exciting. I've only flown larger craft like cessna and pipers.

Tjololo12

Post by Tjololo12 » 22 Apr 2013, 22:48

I have several hours (probably around 15-20) in behind the wheel of Cessna 172 and 152's.

It's honestly been the greatest experience of my life...I wrote a paper about it, one that I'm super proud of. If there's interest, I'll post a link to it. The only barrier between me and my license is the price, it starts at $150 an hour (and you legally need 40, most take 60 or more), depending on your plane...might be more now, this was years ago (like 6 or 7 years).

One day, I hope to finally be able to afford it and get my license. Let me tell you, that day will be one of the happiest of my life.

For those who have never experienced flight in a small airplane, I highly recommend you go for a "demo" ride...they're usually about $100, and last an hour. The instructor takes you up, you fly for a bit, then the instructor lands. Some will let you takeoff/land, depending on your competancy.

There is no describing the feeling you get as soon as you pull that wheel back. The plane leaping into the air, as if it belongs there. You get a drop in your stomach as suddenly your entire weight is supported by the air that you've always taken for granted. The ground leaves your vision and all you're confronted with is clear, blue nothingness as far as you can see as the engine of the plane yells in triumph, for it is fulfilling its purpose. Watching the altimeter spin like a clock in crazy town, you can look back at the life you once knew, at all the groundlings you're leaving behind, and embrace the freedom that only flight can give you.

Needless to say, it was one of the greatest experiences of my life. I've wanted my licence ever since I was a little boy, but nothing...NOTHING can compete with that first flight I ever took (the subject of my paper...I need to find that thing, I wanna read it.)

*edit* I found my link, if anyone's interested: Keep in mind, this was a paper for my class, so it's a little...hokey. But, enjoy if you wish :P just don't make fun of me or I will cut you :3
* Sti is now known as Sti|DTF
<Sti|work> My mouth REALLY cant keep up.
* Daemon is eggy's slave. ;3
<SurvivalBot> [m] robipodsupreme: gently strokes the Tj
<derigin> A little too huge, IMO.
<SurvivalBot> [m] neonraven: just put it in there
<Haxx> You can try and work penis into it if you want
<SurvivalBot> [g] Invunarble: jesus that is big
<Sti|work> Mine is a little over 200m long, I doubt I could get it to work on my planet

I'm a card!

asi1998
Retired

Post by asi1998 » 20 Jul 2013, 03:26

So here is an aviation question I have been trying to research and would like some opinions from here?

What is the best engine for the current generation A320? (Ive done a little research here and there but havent found out much about it and would love some opinions form here)
-asi1998
~John 3:16